PUMPKIN OATMEAL BREAKFAST COOKIES
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 overly ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (~75g), a blend of casein/whey works best
1/2 cup granulated stevia
1 TB cinnamon
1/2 TB pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, combine wheat flour, oats, pecans, protein powder, stevia, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mash the banana until pureed. Add the pumpkin, egg whites, and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix gently just until fully combined and dough is formed (don’t over mix).
5. Spoon equally onto a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray to form 12 cookie dough mounds.
6. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving (these taste awesome just out of the fridge, too!). Enjoy!
Per 2 cookies (recipe makes 12 cookies): 200 calories, 13.5 grams protein, 27 grams carbohydrates (3.5 grams fiber), 4.5 grams fat
From fitness rx