1 large head of cauliflower or 4 cups of cauliflower florets, stems removed.
2 TBSP gluten-free ground flax seed
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp dried basil (additionally crushed between your fingers)
1/2 tsp dried oregano (additionally crushed between your fingers)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup organic, shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup, ground chia seeds
1. Wash and dry your cauliflower. Pat dry to remove any additional liquid. Cut the cauliflower into florets (the top part) and remove the majority of the stem.
2. Pulse in a food processor for approximately 30 seconds until you create something resembling cauliflower snow. This will serve as your “flour” for the recipe. It should yield from 2-3 cups of “snow.”
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
5. Once your cauliflower has cooled (it will be a few minutes), place it in a tea towel and wring it out to remove excess water. Watch out – there will be a lot of water! You will want to do this over the sink!
6. In a bowl, combine cauliflower, spices, and 1/8c of cheese. Add egg and combine using your hands. (You will not need a “dough ball” as in the pizza crust recipe – you will be making a large square or rectangle with this.)
7. Place dough onto a piece of parchment paper sprayed with olive oil. Place dough and parchment paper into an 8″x8″ baking dish. Spread and form dough into a large, even square approximately 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick.
8. Lightly sprinkle dough with remaining 1/8 cup of cheese.
9. Bake in oven for approximately 12 minutes until cauliflower and cheese is a light golden brown.
10. Let bread sit for approximately 3-4 minutes after removing from oven. Cut into 8 equal pieces. Enjoy with marinara sauce to dip or plain!