1 small yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with juice
1 15 oz can black beans
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 lb turkey breast, ground
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coarse grind pepper
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1.5 cup water
1. Put vegetables and beans in the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Layer ground turkey breast, spices, seasoning and water.
3. Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for eight hours. ( or 4 hours on high)
4. Carefully remove lid and stir chili. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Replace lid, cook for an additional 20-30 minutes on low. Serve.