1 scoop CHOCOLATE casein protein powder (ensure casein for cake-like consistency)
2 TB. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp. coconut flour
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia
2 egg whites
3 TB. unsweetened almond milk
How to Prepare
1. Spray all sides of a mug (or your favorite microwaveable cup) with non-stick cooking spray. This will help the cake to form its shape as well as prevent sticking. Set aside.
2. Put egg whites and almond milk in a bowl and fluff with fork.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until ingredients are well blended.
4. Pour cake batter into the mug (make sure you get it all in there or you just lose precious bites of cake).
5. Microwave for 1 minute or until cake is firm in the center. You can either let cool or eat it while it’s hot. Enjoy!
Per cake (recipe makes 1): 204 calories, 32 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fat
I’ve tried a flower less version that also works great :
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 T. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 t. Truvia (or sugar)
1/4 t. Baking Soda
1 egg white
2 T. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 T. Peanut Butter (optional)
1. Combine all of your ingredients in a mug (except the PB) and mix well until smooth
2. Add in your scoop of PB and cover it with the batter
3. Microwave your mug for 1 minute. Watch it incase it overflows (pulse yor microwave and push down the cake periodically until the 1 minute is up)
This next version doesn’t use almond milk:
In a mug, combine/mix: 1 scoop whey protein, 1 eggwhite, 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional), and 2 packets sweetner (optional). microwave for 1:15. top as desired. very easy