Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Yields 4 Rolls
Each Roll: 115 Calories | Protein 13 g | Carbs 9 g | Fat 3 g
¼ c. canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin – not pie filling)
1 ½ scoops Gaspari Nutrition’s MyoFusion Pro – Cinnamon Roll
2 tbsp coconut flour*
1/3 c. egg whites
½ tsp baking powder
*Other types of flour may be substituted, but I prefer coconut flour due to the high fiber content (2.5 grams/tablespoon).
¼ c. sugar free maple syrup (I recommend Vermont by Maple Grove)
2 tsp. almond butter, smooth
Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the roll batter.
3. Spoon into a cupcake pan that has been sprayed with non-sticking cooking spray. You should end up with four rolls.
4. Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Then, using a fork or knife, loosen the rolls from the pan and flip them over. Continue cooking the rolls for about 2-5 minutes. The rolls are cooked when you can insert a toothpick into the center of the rolls and it comes out clean (no batter on the toothpick). Be careful not to overcook.
5. Remove from oven, and allow the rolls to cool slightly.
6. Microwave the glaze ingredients for about 15-20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well.
7. Dip both sides of the rolls in the glaze mixture, set on a rack or plate to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon.
8. To maximize freshness, store leftovers in fridge.